Tuesday 15 June 2010

Where are you?




Where are you?


I could've said I'm sorry
Perhaps a preamble to soften the palette
Yet no sooner shall it be raised to my lips
than I stumble, stutter and trip
and in the end I never say it at all

I miss how things used to be
how easy it seemed when I loved you like no other
and despite the insistent whispering of all these unsaid words
I couldn't have known the dangers of leaving them unheard
I never uttered a single one yet you were like a brother to me

You are my best friend, and my worst enemy
Recklessly I impart the withheld words I’ve clung to so long!
Be still and behold the pain you're imbuing
just stop for a minute and look what you're doing
I don't want to do this but I can't help myself
and now I want to be alone

I wish I could understand
but the hourglass sand is emptied and unspoken
words now stronger, I let go and contain them no longer
God help me
I'm losing my grasp on the leash of my tongue
words spew out like poisoned darts and you're stung

SAY IT!

Now you’re gone

© LWM 2010
Inspired by 'Unsaid Words', 2010 by Sarah J Trigg

Phrases in italics are taken from the list of unsaid words from the unsaid words art project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment